Monday, September 2, 2013

Sad news

Bonjour,

Sadly, my friend did not make it. I will still be continuing my exchange, but rather than just be for me, it will be for me and for him. He wanted to do this next year, and sadly he is unable to. I know that this is not the most happy thing to be reading, but it's my reality, and this is my blog, so please keep it together and continue reading.

Through all of this, I have realized two things:
1) I cannot stop this from being a part of my exchange experience.
2) But I can stop this from preventing my experiences.

This is not easy, nor is it what I signed up for, but giving up the rest of my year is not an option. With that, I will continue on.

I start school tomorrow (no, I will NOT be skipping due to recent events). I am very nervous, scared, and basically every emotion ever right now at this point. I just want to get it over with. Break the ice with these French people. Be more foreign than I will ever be in my life. Have no idea what's going on. Get an idea of what's going on. Talk to people. Listen to people. All of it. I will update tomorrow on how my first day went, so stay tuned.

Au revoir,

Amelia

2 comments: