Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fellow RYE Students

Bonjour!

So there are some things I'd like to share with you about my fellow RYE students from home and around the world. First off, PEOPLE ARE LEAVING ALREADY AND THAT ISN'T FAIR. I'm getting to the point where I'd rather just be there and not deal with all this anticipation. Everyone from 5020 who is already in their host country appears to be having a wonderful experience so far, so congrats to them! We've all been really supportive of each other and have sort of realized that the people who are also going through this are going to be the ones who listen the most. I mean of course your family will care but they won't understand why they care. Before I get too philosophical and deep about this. I'll stop myself.

I've been talking to a few people who will also be going to 1780! They are some of the nicest people I've talked to and I cannot wait to meet them. One that I've talked to is from Canada and she and I are so similar in so many respects. I love finding these friends and just instantly understanding each other (and yes that was extremely corny, I know). We have the same taste in music are both super excited (and super scared/nervous of course), but it's the perfect amount of similarity. Another person going to 1780 (who I just started taking to today) is from Brazil. He seems super cool and is obviously very nice, because all Rotary students are. I don't know what it is, we just all seem to be compatible I guess. Not in the whole eHarmony or Match.com way, but as friends. Not just friends, actually, instant friends. It's awesome.

I'll just leave you with that! Oh and only 17 days until I leave!

Au revoir!

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment