Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another person in Montélimar!!

Bonjour!

I have recently found out that there will be another exchange student in Montélimar! He is Brazilian and seems awesome so far! We will be in the same grade at Lycée Alain Borne (the local high school) and I hope we have classes together. Lord knows I'm going to need a friend.... and preferably one with the same struggles. My first host family will be his second family and his first family will be my third family. I know, it's a little confusing. I still don't know my second family though, which is a shame. My third host family is now in "official contact" with me (even though I already talked to their daughters) and is wonderful! They seem different from my first family, but my parents will still be teachers, so not too different. I probably won't have siblings in my third family except maybe their 20(ish) year old daughter, but change is good. 

In other news, I skyped with my host sister today! It is too bad that she leaves for Canada only a week after I arrive, but we have already made plans to go see the Percy Jackson movie! It was initially really weird, because we both just kind of sat there smiling like idiots. Oh well, we started talking eventually. We were speaking both french and english, but she spoke english and I spoke french. It was interesting... but it was pretty fun! I have also skyped a few of the other 1780 students. They are all so nice and awesome and cool and everything. I love every one of them so far. I know I've said that a lot, but it's the truth. I cannot believe I've had the opportunity to get to know these people already! This adventure is turning out to be more than I bargained for, but I'm not complaining at all! 

Only 11 days! Au revoir!

Amelia


No comments:

Post a Comment