Monday, November 18, 2013

Ma deuxième famille d'accueil et le Rotary! (My Second Family and Rotary!)

Bonjour!

This weekend was very busy, and I apologize for posting a little later than usual! Friday night, I met my second family! I also met my third family, and the Brazilian's second family. All four families got together at my Rotary counselor's house. I finally got the chance to meet my second family. I will have four siblings, but two of them aren't at the house (all the time). I'm still going to live outside of Montélimar, but I'll be a little closer (even though the bus apparently takes the same amount of time...yay). 

After the meeting I realized a few things. First of all, I'm switching families in less than two months. That means that I've already been here about three months. That's really crazy to think that three months have already flown by. Also, I don't want to have to come back to the States. I know I will have to, and that exchange doesn't last forever, but I wish it did! That family switch in less than two months also means that the next Rotary event with my district is in about 2 months. It seems so close, yet so far away. That's the thing about all this, I want everything to happen now, but on the other hand, I want it to last forever. 

Saturday, I spent the night at the Rotary president's house in order to wake up at 5:45 AM on Sunday and volunteer at a Rotary event. I was not too happy about waking up early, but I got over it quickly. The event was packaging up breakfasts that were ordered in a fundraiser to help a Down Syndrome foundation. It was a giant assembly line of people making the breakfasts, with me at the end, running them over to their designated spots. It was really nice to be able to help out again. I think I'm going to be volunteering in two weeks as well! 

Nothing else really happened on Sunday, except that I was sick. It wasn't not too bad, but I refused to stay home on Monday because of it. I need to see all my French friends as much as I can! They have been so supportive and are helping me so much with the whole "learning a new language" part. I couldn't ask for a better group of people correcting me every time I say something stupid. Which happens a lot, but oh well. It will all come with time... I hope.

Au revoir!

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment