Monday, December 2, 2013

épaule

Bonjour!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but my life has been a bit of the same. Honestly, that's wonderful for me, but it doesn't make for very interesting blog posts. I guess since nothing has happened I'll just talk about one of the things that's been a little difficult. That thing is making jokes. I can't make stupid ironic homonym jokes anymore. Also, it has been difficult to be extremely sarcastic. I just haven't learned how to be funny yet. 

In my family (back in the States), we make stupid jokes such as:

"I'm hungry"
"Me too"
"Me three"

It's funny because of "two", "too", and "to" and it's ironic or whatever. 

Except here, I can no longer make that joke. I miss that joke. Also, I tried. I ended up curling up in a corner and thinking about exactly why it wasn't funny. It was surprisingly traumatizing to not be able to make such a simply stupid joke. I miss simply stupid jokes. I've only really found one replacement at this point. I have a friend called Paul. Now for those of you who don't speak French, the word for shoulder is "épaule". What I do is say "Hey Paul", but with a French(ish) accent, so I don't pronounce the H. So it sounds like I'm saying "épaule". It's so stupid that it's funny. That's the only one I've found so far. Hopefully I'll find other little stupid jokes soon, but until then, I just get to bother Paul, but he's a good sport about it. :)

I really need to learn how to be funnier, and soon, because I really like it when people laugh. I know that's really mushy gushy boring emotional stuff, but it's true. I'd rather spend time making people laugh. I used to use sarcasm and now I've had to resort to making weird faces. Yes. Weird faces. I now make weird faces at my French friends. Also, I smile at people all the time. Most of the time they smile back, but sometimes they don't. I'm honestly not sure if people randomly smile at each other here, but I do. I guess that works...? It's just been an adjustment in how I approach humor. Yet another thing that has changed since my arrival about three and a half months ago. 

It's crazy to think that it has been over three months already. Sometimes it feels like it has been forever and other times it feels like it has been a week. I don't understand this anymore, and I love that.

Amelia

Also, here's some rap. 
"Formidable" - Stromae

No comments:

Post a Comment